This represents a vast improvement over the manufacturer’s Maestro unit.
The motor has been upgraded along with the conical burrs, second generation gearbox and an on and off switch instead of a timer dial that the manufacturer used on the older units.
The pulse button on the Encore allows the user to grind his coffee directly into an espresso portafilter.
The unit is housed in a strong resin body, which does a better job at hiding fingerprints than the more expensive stainless steel body of more expensive machines.
This is the perfect grinder for making espresso at home. It comes at an entry-level price. It has a transparent bean hopper at the top and a sturdy black plastic body. It has a grinding capacity of approximately 1 g/second and is very efficient.
This grinder offers more than 40 settings like many of the more expensive ones. It can produce drip, espresso or filter coffee with ease. Once you determine the setting that is right for your taste, you dial it in and forget it. From that point forward, a single click produces the perfect grind every time.
This grinder gets better with each use, as this helps to bed in the conical burr motor.
This grinder is capable of grinding 70 grams in a single setting, which is enough for 8 to 10 cups of coffee. It is compact at 17 cm tall. While it is tiny and has a low price, it can fulfill most grinding needs and is a very reliable machine with a very low price.
You will enjoy the one-touch operation of the machine and that you do not need to work to dial in the setting. It is a great choice for coffee when you need it early in the morning to start a new day.
- This grinder can be messy, and all the grounds may not empty until you remove the container.
- Some of the fragments are difficult to remove from the hopper and work their way to the front of the machine.
- There is no timer on the machine, so it is harder to make a consistent brew.
- If you want the timer, consider the Capresso Light or Infinity. This unit is designed for use in the home and not the office or commercial settings.
- Choose the fineness of the grind
- Produces a uniform grind regardless of the brewing method.
- Little static
- Fast and quiet
- Easy to use even for a beginner
- Overall an affordable grinder offering exceptional performance
- Grind Quality
You get great value for your money with this grinder. It’s not the fastest and it doesn’t have a timer. But if you just want a durable and precise grinder to grind your coffee, you can’t go wrong here.