Switching from the electric model brings out the Handground Coffee Grinder. The key feature of this manual unit is the consistent grind it produces. It is an excellent tool for use in the kitchen each week, or you can take it with you when you go camping but still want freshly ground coffee.
This small unit is robust and effective yet lightweight. Use it by placing the beans into the cup, connecting the handle and turning it to grind your coffee by hand.
The unit has 15 grind settings, so users can select the level they want, from fine to course, depending on the coffee type you intend to brew. Each of those settings produces a consistent grind for your perfect cup of coffee.
Unlike other portable coffee grinders, this unit features a side-mount handle. The positioning of this unit’s handle gives it a more ergonomic design.
Unlike some of the boring manual grinders, this one offers a different approach. If you are looking for a portable unit that does not require electricity, this one should be on the list.
Important facts about this manual coffee grinder:
Holds up to 100 grams of beans in the grind hopper
Solid aluminum handle is complemented by a wooden knob
Use it at home, when camping or when traveling
Includes a hand ground brew magnet for easy cleaning without requiring any tools.
- Requires effort and time to grind beans like other hand grinders
- Somewhat uncomfortable to hold when in use
- More expensive than other handheld grinders, but is a better quality than most.
What Makes it Desirable
- Smaller size requires little counter top space
- More than enough settings to meet the basic needs of the coffee consumer
- Top locks to keep beans in place while you are using the machine
- Space for up to 100 grams of coffee beans in the grind hopper and built-in measuring system helps measure the beans.
- Quiet to use
- Easily cleaned
- Excellent customer service
- Grind Quality
The Precision by Handground aims to raise the performance of manual grinders. The ceramic burrs and overall construction are of high quality and make for a consistent grind. The vertical spinning handle is one of it’s standout features but we found it less ergonomic than a traditional setup. This might be different for you but it’s worth testing.